52 Year 10 students (14-15 year olds) and 7 work guests attended.
52 students completed questionnaires before and after the session showing:
- 11% increase in ‘I am confident making choices about my future work options’
- 18% increase in ‘I have the employability skills I need to do well in work’
- 15% increase in ‘I am confident talking to adults I don’t know’.
One student before the session said ‘I want to get tips on how to make a good career choice’. Another said ‘I want to learn skills for life’.
One student after the session said ‘I found that talking to the workers was beneficial as it not only improved my knowledge about different jobs but also improved my speaking skills’. Another said ‘I have a better understanding of how to get a job and how experience really helps’. Another commented ‘I learnt about other people’s experiences and their journey to where they are now. I found it really interesting’.
5 guests completed questionnaires after the session showing:
- 5 strongly agreed ‘I enjoyed the session’
- 5 strongly agreed ‘I felt valued’
- 2 agreed and 2 strongly agreed ‘I feel more positive about my work’.
Guest, Mike Thomas, retired Project Manager for Monarch Airlines said ‘The students were attentive and interested’. Another guest, Angie Russell of PJ Care commented ‘The students were engaging with refreshing ideas that you forget about’.
Pictured during the session is guest Angie Russell of PJ Care.
(The student results above are generated by totaling their responses to given statements on a scale from 1-10.)