40 Year 8 students (12-13 year olds) and 7 work guests attended.
40 students completed questionnaires before and after the session showing:
- 6% increase in ‘I am confident making choices about my future work options’
- 9% increase in ‘I have the employability skills I need to do well in work’
- 13% increase in ‘I am confident talking to adults I don’t know’.
One student after the session said ‘I realised that there are so many different choices in life and you need to make sure you are happy with what you do’. Another said ‘I enjoyed listening to the different answers we got about each person’s job’. Another commented ‘I learnt about the different skills I will need in future’.
7 guests completed questionnaires after the session showing:
- 6 strongly agreed and 1 agreed ‘I enjoyed the session’
- 6 strongly agreed and 1 agreed ‘I felt valued’
- 5 agreed and 2 strongly agreed ‘I feel more positive about my work’.
Guest, Liz Murdoch said ‘There were some really good questions that made me think’. Another guest commented ‘The students were very engaging’.
Pictured during the session is guest volunteer Liz Murdoch
(The student results above are generated by totaling their responses to given statements on a scale from 1-10.)