51 Year 10 students (14-15 year olds) and 10 work guests attended.
51 students completed questionnaires before and after the session showing:
- 8% increase in ‘I am confident making choices about my future work options’
- 4% increase in ‘I have the employability skills I need to do well in work’
- 18% increase in ‘I am confident talking to adults I don’t know’.
One student before the session said ‘ I hope to learn more about employment’.
One student after the session said ‘I liked meeting people from a range of jobs. They were very open and gave a lot of advice’. Another said ‘I learnt that a first choice may not be the best choice and that you will learn through experience along the way’. Another commented ‘I learnt about interesting jobs the volunteers have done and how they have performed in interviews. I have learnt how to talk to adults more easily’.
10 guests completed questionnaires after the session showing:
- 9 strongly agreed and 1 agreed ‘I enjoyed the session’
- 9 strongly agreed and 1 agreed ‘I felt valued’
- 5 strongly agreed and 4 agreed ‘I feel more positive about my work’.
Guest, Frank Scarito of Luca Designs and Once Upon Productions said ‘It is always a joy talking to inspiring enthusiastic young people’. Another guest, Kirsty Taylor of Russell HR Consulting commented ‘It is always nice to speak to the students and give something back’. Another guest said ‘It was great to meet all of the students and get them comfortable with interacting. It was good to see their confidence’.
Pictured during the session is guest Kirsty Taylor and Chloe of Russell HR Consulting.
(The student results above are generated by totaling their responses to given statements on a scale from 1-10.)