18 MK College students enjoyed a full day of employability training delivered by Worktree at Dentons UKMKEA LLP. This was the start of a competition to win a two-day work experience placement at Dentons. The training included a one-hour Career WorkOut session in which the students met and interviewed 13 members of Dentons’ team, representing all areas of the company.
“I liked learning about what Dentons is like as a firm by asking questions and getting feedback from people who actually work in the company,” said one student. Another said: “The interview process was really interesting and made me more confident.”
Student evaluation at the end of the day showed remarkable results:
- 25.0% overall increase in “I am confident making choices about my future work options”
- 29.2% overall increase in “I am confident talking to adults I don’t know”
- 8.2% overall increase in “I am committed to learning and want to achieve”.
Dentons staff also got a lot from it:
- 100% agreed “I enjoyed the session”, of which 85.0% strongly agreed
- 100% agreed “I felt valued”, of which 77% strongly agreed
- 100% agreed “I now feel more positive about my work”, of which 69% strongly agreed.
“The students were very welcoming and enthusiastic,” said one member of Dentons staff. “they asked good questions and were very engaging. Made me reflect on my own path and career”.
Another said: “Seeing such enthusiastic young people made me feel really positive about my job”.
Simon Cohl, Head of School Academic Studies & Business, Retail and Logistics at MK College said: “What I enjoyed most was the range of activities and the engagement of Dentons staff in bringing the day to life, also the opportunities for students to learn from each other and develop skills that will benefit their employability.”