Worktree has two groups of beneficiaries, each facing their own problems:
- Young people need to develop employability skills, careers information and work aspirations to gain fulfilling employment in the world of work (Why We Exist), and
- Employers have various needs:
- Engaging young people. Many employers struggle to fill vacant posts and say young people lack sufficient employability skills.
- Developing skills. Some workers aren’t confident and effective talking to customers or colleagues.
- Personal motivation. To be productive, employees need to feel personally fulfilled, engaged in their local community and valued by others.
- Social responsibility. Social responsibility, whether personal or corporate, can be hard to fulfil under the pressure of day to day business.
Worktree addresses these problems by organising simple, short and satisfying volunteering experiences. After volunteering in a one hour Career WorkOut sessions, almost all our work guests say they feel more positive about their own work (see outcomes).