Employ Me is a series of five sessions, normally delivered in a one-day workshop, to select and demonstrate employability skills for particular jobs. The workshop will help learners to practise presenting their personal employability strengths through a simulated process of application for a job.
Learners will become familiar with the process of securing employment or work placement:
- identify a job they would like, create a bullet-point job description and person specification
- articulate their employability strengths in speed-interviews with peers
- interview real employees about their experience of getting jobs
- write a 15-minute job application and take part in a short-listing panel
- interview on and/or be interviewed by the panel.
- determine which employability skills they most need to demonstrate
- speak about their own employability strengths
- think like an employer, seeing things from the short-lister and interviewer’s perspectives.
Young people will complete the training with the conviction that they can succeed at work and a Worktree certificate outlining the skills they have demonstrated.