Engage Me is a five-hour workshop, usually delivered in one day, to develop learners’ self-awareness of strengths, raise aspirations and improve motivation to learn and achieve.
Participants will become familiar with the employability skills that all employers require and will participate in a series of engaging and fun activities. They will:
- play trump card and drawing games to help them understand employability skills and think about which jobs suit their strengths
- work in production-line teams competing to make paper paper products to meet customer specifications
- talk to real employees about what their jobs are like
- get feedback from peers about their personal strengths demonstrated
- vision their own work future and set goals for achieving success.
The activities have been designed for learners who have little or no experience of work and little awareness of employability skills. The activities are fast and highly interactive, requiring almost no writing, and are adaptable to meet the needs of specific groups.
Young people will complete the workshop with a more positive attitude to work, a conviction that they can succeed at work and a Worktree certificate outlining the skills they have developed.