Our ‘WorkOut’ sessions deliver meaningful employer encounters, as required by the government’s Careers Strategy. Young people meet and interview multiple employees in a carousel of short conversations about their experiences of work, providing first-hand careers information, stimulating work aspirations and developing vital speaking & listening skills.
Young people work out:
- what jobs are available and how to get them
- which jobs they like or dont’ like the sound of
- how to speak with adults they don’t know.
- what it’s like for young people in school today
- why they do what they do at work – typically returning to work feeling more positive about it
- how to make it easy for young people to understand their work – sometimes itself a workout!
Schools benefit from:
- quality employer encounters with impartial careers information about local jobs, as required by Ofsted.
- student engagement – having a chance to ask questions and have them answered openly.
- getting to know local employers – when guests feel valued, teachers can approach them easily.
- community cohesion – evidence of Social, Moral, Spiritual & Cultural (SMSC) development and preparation for Life in Modern Britain, as required by Ofsted.