Worktree launch exciting new pilot – Career Snapshot
Worktree is excited to announce that we are taking this Covid-19 lock–down period as an opportunity to create and develop an all new way to deliver employer encounters to students. We’re calling it ‘Career Snapshot’. It will be a resource from which schools, students and volunteers, can benefit both during the coronavirus crisis and, more importantly beyond, helping towards the sustainability of the charity.
What is ‘Career Snapshot’?
Career Snapshot will be a resource from which schools, students and volunteers, can benefit both during the corona virus crisis and, more importantly beyond, helping towards the sustainability of the charity. It will be a browseable online library of real world jobs with short video responses from our volunteers answering typical student questions about their experiences of work and their job role in particular.
You and hundreds of new volunteers representing jobs from the UK and around the world can join in on our pilot of ‘Career SnapShot’, and soon students will have access to hundreds of jobs that they wouldn’t necessarily encounter in our ‘human library’.
Why is it important?
During lock-down ‘Career SnapShots’ will allow schools to continue delivery of ‘employer encounters’ for their students, as required by the government’s Careers Strategy (Gatsby Benchmark 5). Volunteers, some experiencing under- or un-employment, can continue to ‘give back’ and experience personal satisfaction and connectedness with their local community and employers retain a positive community profile which attracts and retains both staff and customers.
How can you help?
There are 2 ways you can help right now to help Worktree get Career Snapshots delivered to the students who will benefit from it.
1. Donate to the cause – There are costs involved for the pilot and we need to raise £1500 to get the project off the ground. This covers costs for the website changes, setting up interviews, editing and formatting footage etc. We’re asking people to donate through buymeacoffee.com. So who fancies buying us a coffee?
2. Take part in the pilot today – Be one of the first to join in on Career Snapshot and record your video responses today. It only takes 15 minutes of your time and will help us tremendously. The more responses we receive, the better our pilot will be! To take part, please follow the ‘how to record your snapshot’ instructions below.
Your Career Snapshot will be a small collection of video responses to typical student questions about real world jobs. These video responses can be recorded from the comfort of your own home using your laptop, phone or tablet.
To help make the process as simple as possible for our volunteers, we are leveraging a video interview platform called Willo. Willo is really simple to use and it lets you record your responses to each question as separate videos and you can even re-record as many times as you like before you submit all your answers.
To record your Snapshot, please follow the following steps:
1. Click the ‘record your snapshot’ button below – this will direct you to login or register to your Worktree ‘My Account’ page.
2. Update your account profile – On your my account page, please make sure you have completed your profile. As each interview will be classified by industrial sector and job title it is vital to gain this information in a simple sign up form at the start of the process.
3. Check the ‘I am available for online events’ checkbox – Once you have checked this box, click the ‘save details button’. This will take you to a page of upcoming Worktree events.
4. Click the link in the email – After you have opted in to online volunteering on your account page, you will receive an email from Worktree. Included in that email will be a link that will direct you to Willo to begin recording your snapshot.
MK Community Foundation has awarded Worktree a Community Grant to develop online resources in response to Covid. The project will develop its Career Snapshot library and a virtual form of Career WorkOut. The work has begun, in a collaboration with Prominent Media and...
Covid 19 has shaken Worktree to its roots. What, no more face-to-face employer encounters in schools?! The team’s creative juices have had to flow and we’ve come up with an exciting online offer including Career Snapshot videos, live Virtual Career WorkOut sessions...
Damian Kane, Finance Controller for Personal Group, contacted Worktree last month, just before a Board meeting to discuss lack of funds since our work in schools has dried up, to talk about a possible donation. Working closely with Damian and the trustees of Personal...