54 Year 7 students (11-12 year olds) and 10 work guests attended.
54 students completed questionnaires before and after the session showing:
- 12% increase in ‘I am confident making choices about my future work options’
- 11% increase in ‘I have the employability skills I need to do well in work’
- 19% increase in ‘I am confident talking to adults I don’t know’.
One student before the session said ‘I want to learn about what working life is really like’.
Another student before the session said ‘I want to know more about why certain career decisions are made and the impact of these decisions on future working life’.
One student after the session said ‘Succeed, achieve and you’ll get your dream’.
Another student commented ‘I learnt that there are many jobs out there that I didn’t know existed and I now feel more confident talking to people I don’t know’.
Another student commented ‘ I learnt that you should do a job you love and enjoy!’.
A wide range of new guests attended the session including, Arran Stewart, Rhys Powell and Dean Edwards from MyJobMatcher, Samantha Hand from Hewitsons, Paul Williams from Risk and Safety Plus Limited, Adrian Spurrell from The Red Thread Partnership Ltd and Joanne Norris of STA Travel.
10 guests attended and completed questionnaires after the session showing:
- 10 strongly agreed ‘I enjoyed the session’
- 8 strongly agreed and 2 agreed ‘I felt valued’
- 10 strongly agreed ‘I would be happy to do this again’.
Samantha Hand from Hewitsons said ‘The students were so enthusiastic!’.
Rhys Wedderburn of Apple said ‘That was another powerful session’.
(The student results above are generated by totalling their responses to given statements on a scale from 1-10.)