29 Year 12 -13 students and 12 work guests attended.
29 students completed questionnaires before and after the session showing:
- 10% increase in ‘I am confident making choices about my future work options’
- 3% increase in ‘I have the employability skills I need to do well in work’
- 7% increase in ‘I am confident talking to adults I don’t know’.
One student said: ‘I enjoyed today’s interviews as it helped me look into different avenues of working and also different pathways of getting into different jobs. I have learnt about skills needed in the workplace and has also improved the way I talk to adults’. Another student said ‘I am thankful for the opportunity to speak to business people to help me move forward in my career’.
12 guests completed questionnaires after the session showing:
- 94% ‘I enjoyed the session’
- 92% ‘I feel I made an impact’
- 88% ‘I feel more positive about my work’
Amanda Rance of Carillion said ‘The students were very interested in learning about the skills they will need at work’. Another guest said ‘A very worthwhile event. I had many meaningful conversations with the students. I felt that what I was saying was really being taken on board and might influence decisions they take’.
Pictured – XXXXXXXXX
The results above are generated by totalling participants’ responses to given statements on a scale from 1-10.