25 Year 12-13 students and 13 work guests attended.
25 students completed questionnaires before and after the session showing:
- 8% increase in ‘I am confident making choices about my future work options’
- 7% increase in ‘I have the employability skills I need to do well in work’
- 12% increase in ‘I am confident talking to adults I don’t know’.
One student said: ‘I learned that it is very important to do well in school”. Another said ‘I have learned to do a job you enjoy so you feel rewarded by it’.
13 guests completed questionnaires after the session showing:
- 95% ‘I enjoyed the session’
- 84% ‘I feel I made an impact’
- 84% ‘I feel more positive about my work’
One guest said: ‘Great to meet some really interested and animated young people’. Another guest said ‘I think I got as much out of it as the students! I feel privileged to have had the opportunity to be a part of such a great initiative’.
Pictured – Dawn Clark, Barclays.
The results above are generated by totalling participants’ responses to given statements on a scale from 1-10.