Could you be a Volunteer Finance Director for Worktree?
Worktree is an established Milton Keynes-based charity that helps local young people with their career aspirations through the delivery of Career WorkOut.
We are looking for a volunteer to join our Board of Trustees as Finance Director.
Structure – The Board of Trustees, normally around 7 people meets for around two hours, four times a year.
The charity operates with three part-time workers, of whom two are employed as consultants (General Manager and Operations Manager). The Operations Manager maintains the financial records and uses a spreadsheet cashbook (there are around 300 transactions a year). The two managers maintain a spreadsheet for monitoring and forecasting based on monthly transactions; this forms the basis of financial reporting to the Board.
Responsibilities of the Finance Trustee
- Attend quarterly Board Meetings
- Review draft financial report to Board prepared by General Manager
- Provide advice and guidance to the two managers in respect of financial matters (e.g. banking, payroll, taxation, Annual returns)
- Review cashbook spreadsheet, once or twice a year to ensure all is recorded correctly and balanced
- Liaise with examiner once draft annual accounts are prepared
- Along with the other Trustees, provide ideas and inspiration to Worktree
- To consider and influence decisions to the benefit of the Charity’s benefactors
- The current treasurer prepares the annual financial statements and helps with the annual returns
Deadline – 14th of Feb 2020
Contact Theresa Mercer on email@example.com for more information.