Interview WorkOut trains Year 12-13 students to know and present their employability strengths effectively at interview.
In a fast-paced half-day (or whole-day) workshop students will:
- Engage in a team challenge
- Discover personal employability strengths
- Practise talking about them
- Interview work guests
- Write a short job application and short-list others’
- Interview and/or are interviewed for the job.
Students will learn to think like an employer, seeing things from the short-lister’s and interviewer’s perspectives.
- See Work – list jobs, work as team to depict jobs; research labour market information through ‘World of Work’ card game
- Know Your Strengths – get and give feedback on personal employability skills with others from your team and whole group
- Talk Strengths – practice talking about personal employability skills by interviewing and being interviewed by members of your group, receive feedback on performance
- Career WorkOut – in small groups of 3-4, interview guests from world of work about their experiences of job application and interview (extended in full-day)
- Mock Application – produce a short personal job application and participate in a panel short-listing others’ applications
- Mock Interview – experience interview by guest from world of work and receive formal feedback from student observers/ participate in interview panel