Between September 2015 and July 2016, more than 4,000 students aged 11-18 participated in 86 Career WorkOut sessions and 3,517 completed pre- and post-session questionnaires which showed:
- 18.6% overall increase in “I am confident making choices about my future work options”
- 15.1% overall increase in “I have the employability skills I need to do well in work”
- 22.7% overall increase in “I am confident talking to adults I don’t know”
- 7.1% overall increase in “I respect others in my community”
- 7.7% overall increase in “I am committed to learning and want to achieve”.
From September 2015 to July 2016, 453 volunteer work guests from 246 companies made a total of 1,070 guest appearances and completed 698 post-session questionnaires showing:
- 99.4% agreed “I enjoyed the session”, of which 78.9% strongly agreed
- 97.7% agreed “I felt valued”, of which 63.0% strongly agreed
- 95.4% agreed “I now feel more positive about my work”, of which 45.0% strongly agreed.
See volunteer heroes.
One head teacher, Tony Nelson of The Hazeley Academy, wrote: “”Feedback from our students and staff strongly suggest that Work tree’s Career WorkOut has had a dramatic positive impact on student aspirations, personal vision and drive. In over two decades in education I have not come across a more effective programme for achieving these goals across such a wide range of students for so minimal investment in terms of time and money.”