New Training to ‘Find Your Job in 25 Conversations’
On 17th July, Worktree delivered a one-day employability training at MK Council Civic Offices for unemployed adults, ‘Find Your Job in 25 Conversations’.
A total of 8 trainees participated. Immediately after the training, 7 completed a questionnaire ranking statements from 1 (strongly disagree) to 10 (strongly agree). This gave average results as follows:
- I found this training useful – 9.1 out of 10
- This training helped me know how to get a job – 8.0 out of 10
- This training has motivated me to get a job – 8.9 out of 10
- I intend to try the ’25 conversations’ method – 9.0 out of 10
- I would like to be coached by Worktree – 9.0 out of 10
- I really enjoyed today’s session.
- I found speaking to the guests extremely helpful. Overall it has been a very positive experience despite my anxiety and nervousness prior to coming here.
- Interesting concept. I like the shortlist of strengths as useful with interviewing techniques.
Guest Volunteer feedback
As part of the training, a total of 9 guest volunteers from the world of work participated in a one-hour ‘Career WorkOut’ session. The companies they represented were: Job.com, Logicshore Ltd, Neptune Home Care Ltd, Network Rail and Thames Valley Police. 8 completed a questionnaire immediately after the training, showing:
- 100% agreed ‘This has been a good volunteering opportunity’, of which 87.5% strongly agreed.
- 100% strongly agreed ‘This is a good way of informing young people about different jobs’, of which 75% strongly agreed
- 100% strongly agreed ‘Talking to the trainees made me feel more positive about my work’
- 100% agreed ‘I am now more likely to volunteer in my community’, of which 62.5% strongly agreed.
When asked ‘what did you like or learn from this session?’, the guests commented:
- I enjoyed getting to meet different people in the community, having different life experiences and helping to inspire others. Really rewarding.
- I enjoyed meeting the adults. I learnt there are so many skilled people who lack the confidence to access different employment roles. Great session!
- I liked the willingness of trainees to learn about the jobs out there. It has given me immense pleasure to engage with the wider community, to impart what knowledge I have, talk about my role.
- It was good to see the trainees’ confidence increase as the hour went on.
- It’s a great reminder of why I love my job.
- A fantastic reminder to give back to the community.
If you would like to know more about the ‘Find Your Job in 25 Conversations’ training method, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, tel 07962 838685.
Steve Hutchings, WHIreland Wealth Management – “Everything you buy from Amazon will earn a donation to Worktree”
Steve Hutchings is Head of Business Development at WHIreland Wealth Management, having moved from Coutts in March 2017. He is a regular volunteer at Worktree's Career WorkOut sessions, especially at The Hazeley Academy, near where he lives. He...
Daniel Briggs has been Head of Marketing at Dawsongroup for four years. He recently attended a Career WorkOut session at St. Paul's Catholic School. He said:"Dawsongroup are looking at charities to partner with, this is part of our corporate...
Sharon Rai is Entrepreneur Development Manager for the NatWest Entrepreneur Accelerator programme in Milton Keynes.“I have been here for almost 2 years. Initially I joined as an Acceleration Manager, coaching our Entrepreneurs, and then was...