New Training to ‘Find Your Job in 25 Conversations’
On 17th July, Worktree delivered a one-day employability training at MK Council Civic Offices for unemployed adults, ‘Find Your Job in 25 Conversations’.
A total of 8 trainees participated. Immediately after the training, 7 completed a questionnaire ranking statements from 1 (strongly disagree) to 10 (strongly agree). This gave average results as follows:
- I found this training useful – 9.1 out of 10
- This training helped me know how to get a job – 8.0 out of 10
- This training has motivated me to get a job – 8.9 out of 10
- I intend to try the ’25 conversations’ method – 9.0 out of 10
- I would like to be coached by Worktree – 9.0 out of 10
- I really enjoyed today’s session.
- I found speaking to the guests extremely helpful. Overall it has been a very positive experience despite my anxiety and nervousness prior to coming here.
- Interesting concept. I like the shortlist of strengths as useful with interviewing techniques.
Guest Volunteer feedback
As part of the training, a total of 9 guest volunteers from the world of work participated in a one-hour ‘Career WorkOut’ session. The companies they represented were: Job.com, Logicshore Ltd, Neptune Home Care Ltd, Network Rail and Thames Valley Police. 8 completed a questionnaire immediately after the training, showing:
- 100% agreed ‘This has been a good volunteering opportunity’, of which 87.5% strongly agreed.
- 100% strongly agreed ‘This is a good way of informing young people about different jobs’, of which 75% strongly agreed
- 100% strongly agreed ‘Talking to the trainees made me feel more positive about my work’
- 100% agreed ‘I am now more likely to volunteer in my community’, of which 62.5% strongly agreed.
When asked ‘what did you like or learn from this session?’, the guests commented:
- I enjoyed getting to meet different people in the community, having different life experiences and helping to inspire others. Really rewarding.
- I enjoyed meeting the adults. I learnt there are so many skilled people who lack the confidence to access different employment roles. Great session!
- I liked the willingness of trainees to learn about the jobs out there. It has given me immense pleasure to engage with the wider community, to impart what knowledge I have, talk about my role.
- It was good to see the trainees’ confidence increase as the hour went on.
- It’s a great reminder of why I love my job.
- A fantastic reminder to give back to the community.
If you would like to know more about the ‘Find Your Job in 25 Conversations’ training method, please contact email@example.com, tel 07962 838685.
Hundreds of Milton Keynes schoolchildren enjoyed their chance to play Worktree’s Find Your Job cards game at theMK Innovates STEM show in Middleton Hall, thecentre:mk. Worktree Chair Alan Bullen and trustees Ayesha Shokar and Rachel Brockway organised and ran the...
The opportunity to understand and explore an industry that one day may become a young person’s future is invaluable – Hannah Towns, Amazon
Hannah Towns is an Operations Intern at Amazon and has only been in her role for 3 months. Hannah approached Worktree a few months ago to discuss getting involved with Worktree events. Read on to find out more about why Hannah wants to get involved. "I came across...
Worktree welcomes Xero, a cloud accounting software business, as the latest local company to join its Virtual Career WorkOut program. Early in March Meredith Cade-Westcombe, a Customer Experience Team Leader (Banking & Security) for Xero since 2015, took part in...