New Training to ‘Find Your Job in 25 Conversations’
On 17th July, Worktree delivered a one-day employability training at MK Council Civic Offices for unemployed adults, ‘Find Your Job in 25 Conversations’.
A total of 8 trainees participated. Immediately after the training, 7 completed a questionnaire ranking statements from 1 (strongly disagree) to 10 (strongly agree). This gave average results as follows:
- I found this training useful – 9.1 out of 10
- This training helped me know how to get a job – 8.0 out of 10
- This training has motivated me to get a job – 8.9 out of 10
- I intend to try the ’25 conversations’ method – 9.0 out of 10
- I would like to be coached by Worktree – 9.0 out of 10
- I really enjoyed today’s session.
- I found speaking to the guests extremely helpful. Overall it has been a very positive experience despite my anxiety and nervousness prior to coming here.
- Interesting concept. I like the shortlist of strengths as useful with interviewing techniques.
Guest Volunteer feedback
As part of the training, a total of 9 guest volunteers from the world of work participated in a one-hour ‘Career WorkOut’ session. The companies they represented were: Job.com, Logicshore Ltd, Neptune Home Care Ltd, Network Rail and Thames Valley Police. 8 completed a questionnaire immediately after the training, showing:
- 100% agreed ‘This has been a good volunteering opportunity’, of which 87.5% strongly agreed.
- 100% strongly agreed ‘This is a good way of informing young people about different jobs’, of which 75% strongly agreed
- 100% strongly agreed ‘Talking to the trainees made me feel more positive about my work’
- 100% agreed ‘I am now more likely to volunteer in my community’, of which 62.5% strongly agreed.
When asked ‘what did you like or learn from this session?’, the guests commented:
- I enjoyed getting to meet different people in the community, having different life experiences and helping to inspire others. Really rewarding.
- I enjoyed meeting the adults. I learnt there are so many skilled people who lack the confidence to access different employment roles. Great session!
- I liked the willingness of trainees to learn about the jobs out there. It has given me immense pleasure to engage with the wider community, to impart what knowledge I have, talk about my role.
- It was good to see the trainees’ confidence increase as the hour went on.
- It’s a great reminder of why I love my job.
- A fantastic reminder to give back to the community.
If you would like to know more about the ‘Find Your Job in 25 Conversations’ training method, please contact email@example.com, tel 07962 838685.
The opportunity to understand and explore an industry that one day may become a young person’s future is invaluable – Hannah Towns, Amazon
Hannah Towns is an Operations Intern at Amazon and has only been in her role for 3 months. Hannah approached Worktree a few months ago to discuss getting involved with Worktree events. Read on to find out more about why Hannah wants to get involved. "I came across...
Worktree welcomes Xero, a cloud accounting software business, as the latest local company to join its Virtual Career WorkOut program. Early in March Meredith Cade-Westcombe, a Customer Experience Team Leader (Banking & Security) for Xero since 2015, took part in...
After several months in development, including seven trials with more than a hundred pupils across the full age range in four secondary schools, Worktree launched its new Virtual Career WorkOut sessions to all MK schools at the start of November. By end of term in...