New Training to ‘Find Your Job in 25 Conversations’
On 17th July, Worktree delivered a one-day employability training at MK Council Civic Offices for unemployed adults, ‘Find Your Job in 25 Conversations’.
A total of 8 trainees participated. Immediately after the training, 7 completed a questionnaire ranking statements from 1 (strongly disagree) to 10 (strongly agree). This gave average results as follows:
- I found this training useful – 9.1 out of 10
- This training helped me know how to get a job – 8.0 out of 10
- This training has motivated me to get a job – 8.9 out of 10
- I intend to try the ’25 conversations’ method – 9.0 out of 10
- I would like to be coached by Worktree – 9.0 out of 10
- I really enjoyed today’s session.
- I found speaking to the guests extremely helpful. Overall it has been a very positive experience despite my anxiety and nervousness prior to coming here.
- Interesting concept. I like the shortlist of strengths as useful with interviewing techniques.
Guest Volunteer feedback
As part of the training, a total of 9 guest volunteers from the world of work participated in a one-hour ‘Career WorkOut’ session. The companies they represented were: Job.com, Logicshore Ltd, Neptune Home Care Ltd, Network Rail and Thames Valley Police. 8 completed a questionnaire immediately after the training, showing:
- 100% agreed ‘This has been a good volunteering opportunity’, of which 87.5% strongly agreed.
- 100% strongly agreed ‘This is a good way of informing young people about different jobs’, of which 75% strongly agreed
- 100% strongly agreed ‘Talking to the trainees made me feel more positive about my work’
- 100% agreed ‘I am now more likely to volunteer in my community’, of which 62.5% strongly agreed.
When asked ‘what did you like or learn from this session?’, the guests commented:
- I enjoyed getting to meet different people in the community, having different life experiences and helping to inspire others. Really rewarding.
- I enjoyed meeting the adults. I learnt there are so many skilled people who lack the confidence to access different employment roles. Great session!
- I liked the willingness of trainees to learn about the jobs out there. It has given me immense pleasure to engage with the wider community, to impart what knowledge I have, talk about my role.
- It was good to see the trainees’ confidence increase as the hour went on.
- It’s a great reminder of why I love my job.
- A fantastic reminder to give back to the community.
If you would like to know more about the ‘Find Your Job in 25 Conversations’ training method, please contact email@example.com, tel 07962 838685.
Harry Miller, Junior Web Developer at White Clarke Creative, recently attended a Career WorkOut session.After the event he said: "I found it a great opportunity to explain to students how the world of work functions. I certainly didn’t have...
11 students of Business Studies at MK College attended the annual Dentons' Den training at Dentons LLP UKMEA on Midsummer Boulevard in Central Milton Keynes. They undertook a full-day of high-level employability training delivered by Worktree -...
Volunteering with Worktree has helped me realise the positive impact I can make” – Yvonne Owuor, NHBC
"I have been a Major Projects Advisor at the NHBC for just over 3 years now and I am also a 2018 Women Leaders Award winner who is a Humanitarian and a CSR enthusiast"."I have been involved with Worktree since 2017 and I chose to volunteer as I...