Challenge your communication skills further by co-facilitating a Career WorkOut or Primary WorkOut session.
As schools’ demand for WorkOut sessions grows, we are growing our team of facilitators. We are recruiting and developing volunteers to co-facilitate sessions so they may eventually facilitate independently.
Co-facilitation is for volunteers who:
- are able to engage groups of teenagers with appropriate presentation of one-minute teaching points between conversation rounds
- have attended three or more WorkOut sessions as volunteer work guests
- are available to co-deliver at least one session per half-term (six times per year)
- are able to understand and meet the needs of school staff and volunteer work guests, as well as young people
- are willing to learn from experienced facilitators and develop their skills
- hold a current CRB Certificate (we can organise this).
- attending Career WorkOut or Primary WorkOut sessions
- assisting the lead facilitator in delivery of agreed teaching points (written curriculum will be provided)
- sharing in feedback on facilitator performance immediately after the session.
The training is in three stages:
- actively observe the performance of an experienced lead facilitator and feed back observations immediately afterwards
- co-facilitate at least three sessions with a lead facilitator and receive feedback immediately afterwards, gradually taking more responsibility for delivery of teaching points
- contribute to a team meeting discussion about best practice.
Volunteer co-facilitators may eventually facilitate independently, with only Worktree’s Event Co-ordinator and a school teacher in attendance, and receive payment for sessions delivered, when formally approved by two experienced lead facilitators.
If you are interested in taking part in this training opportunity, please contact us now.